Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:11:48
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Hello everyone,

I had three brief questions on the first part of the course:
1- I understand that the element associated with each organ tells us about its relationships with other organs in terms of promotion and suppression. I also gather that there are some properties of the element that apply as well (lung being metal, metal sinks, lung has a descending Qi). How far should I take this? Are there other examples?

2 - After the discussion of the various organs, it becomes clear that the Zang and Fu organ, the sense organ and tissue listed under one element are all closely related to each other. However, I didn't find much reference to the corresponding emotion. Is it correct to assume that grief, for example, is particularly significant for the lung, large intestine, and so on? If so, what exactly is the relation?

3. It seems that there are two tests in this course. I assume it is a midterm and final. If so, at which point does the midterm cut off? For example, does it include the first three chapters??

Thank you so much for your help ,

Barbara

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 14:12:03
| Show the author posts only

Hi, Barbara,
You have some [b:ed8fb04b8f]VERY[/b:ed8fb04b8f] complicated [b:ed8fb04b8f]QUESTIONS[/b:ed8fb04b8f]
Now let me try to understand your questions.

1). For sure we should have a good understanding of the organs in relatios with their elements, I mean the properties of the organs. It's clear that the heart is the fire, so without the function of heart don't you think our body could be warm?
The trees like to grow with out restrain, so is the liver Qi, that's why we see the liver is in domination of the free flow of Qi.
Earth carries everything and grows everything, so is the spleen. We take everything in our body and have all the nutrients from the spleen.
Would you tell me anything about the kidney?

2). It's based on the clinical experience, or I'd rather say the common sense of daily life!
As we can see, those with lung diseases especially the TB would be quite susceptible to being grief and sad.
While when someone is very happy, I mean too happy, he/her cannot concentrate on something, so we say the heart is harmed more or less. Or sometimes some great good news would cause some real heart diseases or some disorders of brain (also related with heart).
What about the liver, spleen, and kidney? Please tell me your opinion.

3). I think you should have the [b:ed8fb04b8f]"Studying Program"[/b:ed8fb04b8f] of each course, and I'm sure Mr. Pan Ping have forwarded you the Studying Program of Course A already together with the username and password of that course.

Hope my opinion is clear and convincing

Bye!
Tutor

[quote:ed8fb04b8f]I had three brief questions on the first part of the course:
1- I understand that the element associated with each organ tells us about its relationships with other organs in terms of promotion and suppression. I also gather that there are some properties of the element that apply as well (lung being metal, metal sinks, lung has a descending Qi). How far should I take this? Are there other examples?

2 - After the discussion of the various organs, it becomes clear that the Zang and Fu organ, the sense organ and tissue listed under one element are all closely related to each other. However, I didn't find much reference to the corresponding emotion. Is it correct to assume that grief, for example, is particularly significant for the lung, large intestine, and so on? If so, what exactly is the relation?

3. It seems that there are two tests in this course. I assume it is a midterm and final. If so, at which point does the midterm cut off? For example, does it include the first three chapters?? [/quote:ed8fb04b8f]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-22 04:13 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list