[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:08:00
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor,
thank you for your letter.I have revued the Course A again and want to ask you some questions.First one about the theory of five elements:can we use the orientation in the treatment of patients and how can we do it? (for example, we can use color, taste, season, but I don`t know what meaning the orientation has...).

I also would like to ask you about the Chong Meridian, I didn`t know that One branch emerges at Qichong (ST 30), descends along the medial side of the thigh, enters the popliteal fossa and continues to run along the medial border of the tibia to terminate in the sole of the foot.How can we distinguish the patology of this branch and patology of other meridians in this area ,for example the Liver or the Spleen meridian?
I mean could we use the knoweledge of the way of this branch in acupuncture?(I hope you can understand my English).

My best regards,
Dr. XX

Dear Dr. XX
It seems you have done a very good review of course A and you are indeed putting forward a very good and interesting question!!!
First of all, the orientation is based on where one is located. The original
Five-element theory came from the mid part of China, so the orientation is more or less related with this area. So, in another word, the orientation is related with the difference of the local geographical situation. Or, it is also in relations with the change of the sunshine. At the moment in China, not many physicians of traditional Chinese medicine would think conscientiously of the orientation in treatment of diseases, but very often the seasonal factors would be taken into consideration. So, I suggest you to take the seasonal factors and geographic situation, or the sun rising and setting into consideration when you treat a patient. In fact the orientation is closely related with all these factors.
For sure if the treatment of traditional Chinese medicine is integrated with Iching (Classic of Change), the orientation is a very important factor. But so far in China, quite few physicians of TCM understand how to combine both in their clinical treatment.

Secondly, as the Chong meridian is concerned, it is similar to other extra meridians that it is usually ignored because they have no their own points. Only some gynecological disorders would be referred to the Chong meridian, for it is known as the sea of blood and it originates from the uterus.
Locally, you don't have to think of it, but rather you could concentrate on the regular meridians.
However, if you are practice Qigong, you'd better pay attention on the running course of all the extra meridians, for up to certain level or stage, it is essential to move the Qi flow more vigorously in the extra meridians.

I'm not quite sure if I'm making a clear explanation, if not, please let me know.

Best regards
Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-21 21:47 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list