[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:05:54
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

[b:1323b3bcc4]Questions:[/b:1323b3bcc4]

1. I have a couple more questions. Do I need to be memorizing all the meridians and exactly where they are at this point or is this just an introduction now in Course A. There is a lot of material and I am wondering if you could please tell me what I need to focus on.

2. When using the directional names (ie yingming) what is the meaning ofthese names? Is the name given according to the direction or area of the body? For example, I thought "shaoyin" meant that the meridian would be along the front portion or edge of the limb. But the heat meridian has this name and it runs along the anterior medial aspect. Can you clear this up for me please?

[b:1323b3bcc4]Answers:[/b:1323b3bcc4]

1). You don't have to memorize everything of the meridians, you can neglect the internal parts of the meridians but you have to remember the pertaining and connecting organs of each meridian. You must focus on nearly everything, for this is VERY basic part for you to continue the study and understanding of the other parts of traditional Chinese medicine.
You don't have to memorize the acupoints at the moment, for they are described in details in course C.

2). I don't think I can clear up for you the meaning of the meridians, otherwise the text would tell clearer. That's because of the dispute for these names. For sure the names have certain meanings, but not exactly what you understood. For sure the distribution of the running courses of the meridians should be part of the meanings, but not all of them.
You can go to the Meboo forum of course A and see a post talking this matter specially.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 06:45 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list