[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:05:07
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

[b:54140f55b9]Questions:[/b:54140f55b9]
[b:54140f55b9]In Reading 2.3. Dynamic Equilibrium, [/b:54140f55b9]I just want to be sure I am clear. I am understanding that Yin and Yang are not concrete things, that they are concepts of ways to see the world and its dynamics. Because one exists, the other exists. For example you can only understand cold by understanding heat. They are also relative terms in that at one moment something can be seen as Yin, and at another moment the same thing can be seen as Yang. Although there are these qualities inherent in some aspects of nature, the body, etc梖or example, day is Yang and night is Yin梐lthough even in these, depending on the time of day, they are changing from one into the other with qualities of each to one degree or another. Dynamic equilibrium is the concept that Yin and Yang qualities are constantly changing (waxing and waning) from one to the other (although maintaining qualities of the opposite in smaller or larger quantities), but at the same time because of their changing (and balancing one another) they are maintaining equilibrium and propulsion along a continuum. This continuum, although it is constantly moving forward, is at the same time maintaining a balance and sameness in particular things梥uch as the body, the earth, etc. For example of what I am trying to say: We have the human body. It is constantly changing梚n many different ways梘rowing from youth to old age, increasing or decreasing in size, and on a more micro level there is constant changes on the inside going on to maintain homeostasis. But, at the same time as all these changes are going on the body still relatively appears the same over some period of time. Am I thinking correctly about this?

[b:54140f55b9]Answer:[/b:54140f55b9]
"Dynamic equilibrium is the concept that Yin and Yang qualities are constantly
changing (waxing and waning) from one to the other." That's for quite sure!
One European philosopher used to say: you can never jump into a same river. It's
clear that every moment there is a change of everything, so the world is the everchanging
one, so this change, in terms of Yin and Yang, it's the change between the Yin and Yang.
E.g. we could also say, in the day time, every moment is the Yin in comparison to the previous
moment and is the Yang in comparison to the future moment and in the night time it's the opposite.
Do you agree with me?

[b:54140f55b9]Question:[/b:54140f55b9]
[b:54140f55b9]In Reading 2.4 Mutual Transformation [/b:54140f55b9]I would like to further clarify what I am understanding. This section talks about how an extreme of Yang梖or example梒an lead to the situation changing from Yang to Yin. So, if one were to have an overwhelming infection which at first would produce heat-Yang type symptoms, but left untreated leads to shock with pallor, weak pulse, cold limbs this would be then a Yin situation. Is my thinking correct?

[b:54140f55b9]Answer:[/b:54140f55b9]Yes you are quite right!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 11:22 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list