[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 13:44:51
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Yesterday I was visited by a 60 year old patient diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, my first MS patient. Main complaint is the stiffness in his legs, specially the right one, he cannot bend his right knee or control his ankle. Left leg is considerably better, has controlled movement but no strength. Other complaints are lack of control of his urine and stools, extreme low tolerance to heat and swollen ankles. He is currently on a wheelchair. While diagnosing through front mu, i found 6CV, 25ST (right) 17CV, 14LR (right), and 1LU (left) reactive. His radial pulse prior to treatment was empty and thready, almost non existent, in all locations but Heart/S.I. After treatment, his radial pulse on all 3 locations on both wrists were significantly stronger. I am looking for ideas on how to treat this person, who has been on acupuncture before but with very little results.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-28 13:45:04
| Show the author posts only

MS is categorized under Wei Syndrome in TCM..... you should be able to find a lot of excellent information on the subject. There are multiple stages of MS.... his symptoms will help you determine which stage he is in, based on which you can pick your treatment protocol. Generally, you need to do the following:
- tonify the KI, SP, and LIV
- nourish the Qi and Blood (MS is typically associated with Qi and Blood Xu)
- clear Heat

The formula Bu Yang Huan Wu Tang is also a good formula for MS, but make sure you read up on the formula and check signs/symptoms before prescribing.

Good luck.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-27 04:10 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list