Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-27 13:28:29
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

This link was found at
http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=world-qqqm=world-qqqa=world-qqqid=27497-qqqx=1.asp

Scientists astonished as dietary pill transforms children’s brains

By John von Radowitz
FOUR children whose brains and mental abilities were suddenly transformed after they took a simple dietary supplement have astonished scientists.

Scans showed their brains underwent three years’ worth of development in just three months.

At the same time they displayed remarkable improvements in tests of reading, concentration, problem-solving and memory.

One boy who previously scorned books and was hooked on TV developed a love of reading and declared he was “bored” of television.

The three boys and one girl, aged between eight and 13, were taking part in a pilot study looking at the effects of diet on developing young brains.

Scientists believe the results are powerful evidence of the harm “junk food” is doing to Britain’s children.

All the children were classified as overweight. Zach, aged eight, weighed eight stone, George and Rachael, both 11, each weighed 11 stone, and 13-year-old Gareth weighed 12 stone.

At the start of the study the children were given a supplement called VegEPA, which contains a combination of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids.

They took two capsules a day for three months and were also encouraged to cut down on fatty snacks and fizzy drinks.

The children showed an increase in reading age of well over a year, their handwriting became neater and more accurate, and they paid more attention in class.

Use magic Report

Anonymous  Post time 2009-04-27 13:28:42

That is indeed good to know, as I was incidentally thinking of giving my kid diet pills but then at that time I did not know about this IQ factor. So this comes to me as a double bonanza. Who does not want to see their kids to prosper in life and it is well understood that one can do wonders if this is coupled with a good IQ. So a great find I must say.

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-08 11:21 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list