[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:25:59
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Recently, I read an article on the internet about chrysanthemum having great potential as an anti-cancer treatment.

Apparently, some researcher is preparing to talk about it at a congress in Singapore this month.

Here's the article
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/health/view/132564/1/.html

It talks more about the safety of herbal medicines, but it mentions the flavonoids in chrysanthemum having anti-cancer properties.

I wonder if it is really news, or if it has been known for some time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:26:10
| Show the author posts only

Dear Serpent,
I read the article, and I don't know whether the chrysanthemum having great potential as an anti-cancer treatment, because so far it's not really used that much in the treatment of cancer.
I feel the great misunderstanding of traditional Chinese medicine by the western world, especially by the professionals of western medicine and the researchers of the modern science.
In fact, it is never denied that Chinese materia medica have the untoward effect. Even in "Divine Farmer's Classic of Materia Medica",the earliest extant book of Chinese herbal medicine, which has recorded 360 herbal materials, the materials are divided into 3 categories: the upper-class ones, middle-class ones, and lower-class ones.
The first class has no side effect, and they are only helping the body but never harm; the second class could be half and half, i.e. having a litte untoward effect, but the helping effect is the major role; while the last one, is indeed of the remarkable of obvious untoward effect.
So, nearlly all the Chinese materia medica need to be prepared as it is stated in the text of Medboo course E and the well combination is also of great significance in avoiding the untoward effects.
...to be continued

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-29 01:34 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list