[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:14:51
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

According to TCM, Hypertension occurs when the body, especially the heart, must work harder to perform daily functions. This is often times subtle and without any viable symptoms, which is why Hypertension is sometimes referred to as a "Silent Killer." Of the 50 million Americans who have it, 35 percent are unaware. The simplest and easiest way to see if you are at risk or have high blood pressure is to have your blood pressure checked regularly by a doctor or TCM physician. Acupuncture is becoming more widely known as an alternative therapy for curbing high blood pressure as well as aiding those recovering from a stroke.
In a study at the Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of California Irvine conducted by Dr. John C. Longhurst, clinical studies of the effects of Acupuncture on Hypertensive rats were initiated. The results supported the link between endorphin release with decreased heart activity and lower blood pressure levels. Needles charged with low frequency electrical stimulation were also proven effective.

One particular Acupuncture treatment of Stroke that has been known to be greatly efficacious in the improvement of motor and cognitive skills is that of Scalp Acupuncture. Much of the current method was developed and popularized by Professor Ming Quing Zhu, a 1964 graduate of the Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In this treatment, needles are inserted directly into the scalp according to a map of brain functions. The needles alter blood and hormone levels that effect brain activity and blood flow to portions of the brain related to other body parts damaged from Stroke. They can be left in for anywhere from two to seventy-two hours. In addition, manual movements of the affected area of the body or visualization accompanied by Qi-Gong breathing exercises are prescribed while the needles are in place under the skin.

It has been noticed that Stroke victims are often times affected more on one side of the body than the other. Their facial features sometimes can appear frozen or locked. This is directly connected to which hemisphere of the brain the Stroke occurred. The release of endorphins from Acupuncture can help to relax the muscles and tissues of the face and the rest of the body. Tension in the muscles and tissue hinders the free flow of moisture, blood, and other bodily fluids. It is especially important in cases of Stroke that Qi flow be restored as everything follows in its path. Acupuncture along with conscious participation of the patient can help expedite this process.

From PacificCollege.edu

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:15:02
| Show the author posts only

My friend I don’t know about TCM report but I think Hypertension occurs when blood is forced through the arteries at an increased pressure. Around 10 million people in the UK have high blood pressure - that's one in five of us. So it’s really a subject which make us worried, and every one should put some concern on this issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:15:15

Well do you people have any idea about the natural cure of the hypertension? Actually in the recent times I have come across many people and places where they have admitted that the natural form of treatment to this problem is far more suitable than the conventional form which requires the administration of medicines life long. So I was just wondering whether the people who are related to health services are aware of anything like this?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:15:26

"[i:833cc2dbde]Acupuncture has been used to treat hypertension in clinical practice with very few reported adverse effects. However, to date the effectiveness of this treatment has not been explored adequately in published studies.[/i:833cc2dbde]"
In other words: Highly probable not to damage anything. A try won't hurt anyone.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
5#
Post time: 2009-04-27 17:15:37

my friend says that an [url=http://www.acupuncturemidtownbywalter.com]acupuncture clinic in New York[/url] treats asthma? is it true. my sister is suffering from asthma. Her asthma attacks are severe and it affects her in work..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-20 15:28 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list