View: 2133|Reply: 0

Namibian nurse hones skills in Chinese acupuncture treatment for better service

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2019-12-13 23:07:12
| Show all posts |Read mode
Namibian nurse hones skills in Chinese acupuncture treatment for better service provision

Source: Xinhua| 2017-08-17 02:44:23|Editor: yan

WINDHOEK, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- A Namibian nurse is upholding the provision of health to Namibians at the Chinese Acupuncture department at Katutura Intermediate Hospital in Namibian capital, Windhoek.

Rosalia Tuhadeleni, a registered nurse with Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services attributes her gained skills in traditional Chinese acupuncture treatment to on-the-job training provided by successive Chinese medical doctors at the centre over the years.

A course in acupuncture therapy treatment she attended from November 2009 to January 2010 at Taiyuan in Shanxi province in China has also been instrumental in transforming and honing Tuhadeleni's skills.

"When I was assigned to work here some years ago, I struggled to assist patients as I knew little about acupuncture. But the training was an invaluable exposure. I gained hands-on experience in Chinese acupuncture treatment which has enabled me to serve patients better," she said on Wednesday.

According to Tuhadeleni, recovery of patients is her joy, citing that acupuncture has made a big difference in the lives of many Namibians.

"Acupuncture has brought healing and hope to many people across the country, which is evident in positive testimonies we witness. They call acupuncture the miracle treatment," added a passionate Tuhadeleni.

Wu Gaofei, a Chinese Medical Doctor at the Chinese Acupuncture Department said that the centre provides treatment for paralysis and back pain amongst other illnesses to more than 40 patients daily. In 2016 alone, the centre received 6,000 patients, who contribute a once-off 30 Namibian dollars for consultation.

Meanwhile, due to the growing demand of acupuncture in Namibia, Tuhadeleni called on health authorities to roll out acupuncture treatment to other state hospitals in the various regions. Acupuncture treatment is currently only offered in Windhoek.

Furthermore, like she was trained, she called on the Chinese and Namibia governments to train Namibians with a keen interest in acupuncture.

"Many nurses and therapists have approached the centre seeking for training opportunities in order to acquire skills and qualifications in this field in China," she said.

This way, she said, Namibia and China will build capacity to meet the skills gap the Chinese Acupuncture Department faces at the moment.

"With trained people, we will improve and accelerate the provision of health services in order to achieve sustainable development," she concluded.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-03-28 18:19 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list