| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2010-12-27 13:03:56
| Show the author posts only

One of the problems with the TCM materials in Mebo is that its not always well translated and often use english terms that are not commonly used in the English TCM literature. I have personally gotten a few answers wrong because it was a bit misleading in the tests. Hopefully they will give the pinyin name beside the English in the future to avoid this. Below is what I believe is the correct answer to your question. I still would recommend the Mebo courses to anyone not able to go to a "real" TCM college. I hope you can go to China and get the internship training.

According to the Pulse Classic "Huangdi Neijing" Surging pulse [hongmai]. A pulse beating like dashing waves with forceful rising and gradual decline, indicating excessive heat. Excess heat syndromes are rarely difficult to detect, so this pulse type adds little information. The force of the pulse indicates that the condition is pathologically excessive, the gradual decline shows that the syndrome is primarily one of heat (qi excess) rather than fluid excess. The pulse is sometimes described as a "full pulse" indicating the excess condition.

Excessive pulse or Replete pulse [shimai] or Forceful pulse [shimai]. A pulse felt vigorously and forcefully on both light and heavy pressure, implying excessiveness. This pulse gives relatively little information other than that the condition is one of excess; one must further determine the nature of the excess in order to select a therapeutic strategy. This pulse, however, generally rejects the use of tonification strategies, as it indicates that the body resistance is undamaged.

Henning.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-01 00:30 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list