Prescribing herbs.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2010-03-10 03:37:41
| Show all posts |Read mode

Dear tutor, What thought processes does a practitioner go through when prescribing herbs?

Does he first diagnose the problem to arrive at the condition of the  the eight syndromes ; then ascertain what organs and meridians are not in balance; then look at the herbs in particular which herbs affect the organs concerned and the problem concerned?

For example if there, is loss of appetite, vomiting, loose stool and diarrhea, then the spleen and stomach would be a cause of concern. If the syndromes are cold and dampness, then the herbs should be given with herbs that warm the interior.

The herb chosen would be from the category "Aromatic Herbs for Resolving Dampness" and should be chosen because of its "Effects". this would give a clue to which formula to use. e.g. Atractylodes Rhizome could be the main herb in this case as it eliminates dampness and strengthens the spleen dispelling wind and cold. 

Am I on the right track?

Wayne

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2010-03-10 17:24:36
| Show all posts

Dear Wayne,

Tutor told me you have made this post. It's nice to hear from you again!

As to you question, I think basically you are right. But you didn't say anything about the formulas, that's not good.

To treat diseases with Chinese herbal medicines, we always have an idea about the formulas, sometimes a couple of formulas, or even several formulas, but usually seldom we would combine more than four formulas together.

To say your case, we would use something such as Xiang Sha Liu Jun Zi, which is the modification based on the Si Jun Zi Tang, and then Liu Jun Zi Tang, which is the combination of Si Jun Zi Tang with Chenpi and Banxia. Then the Liu Jun Zi Tang is supplemented with Sharen and Muxiang.

Of course I cannot say exactly this formula is enough for your case, but this is the thinking mode.

Does it make any sense to you?

M.H. 

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-12 21:08:15
| Show all posts
I just finished this module and the truth is very interesting. I learned a lot. Anyway, it is complex in Latin America at least that we do not have some herbs that we can homologate with China and TCM, and we have others that are in our biodiversity ... I will find out more and I will give my contributions.

Xime
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-24 19:47:11
| Show all posts
[quote][size=2][url=forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&pid=3003&ptid=1115][color=#999999] ximecmar 2016-12-12 21:08[/color][/url][/size]
I just finished this module and the truth is very interesting. I learned a lot. Anyway, it is comple ...[/quote]

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2016-12-25 23:26:11
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-03-29 21:45 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list