| |

Mebo--TCM Forum

Forgot password?  
 Register
Search
View: 3462|Reply: 2
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Suffering from depression and peri-menopausal symptoms.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-07-11 00:22:21
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

My mother aged 54, suffers from depression and peri-menopausal symptoms. There is no apparent cause for her to be depressed as all is well in my family. My sister and I are well settled. My father is in great health and has a good job. Early symptoms of depression started showing up about three years back. Sessions with the counselor have not helped much. She has been on anti-depressant drugs for quite sometime now. However, I wish there could be some way out to assist her to regain her enthusiasm for life.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-07-11 21:22:05
| Show the author posts only

I am sorry to hear about your mom! Yes, I would be concerned for your mum also. There are alternative therapies for people suffering from depression and peri-menopausal symptoms. Have you heard of http://www.lonstein.com/ ? It is a site on the internet, which promotes good health and well-being for women. It explains a new method of creating Chiropractic & Acupuncture to bring about long lasting change in your life. The website has more information and explains the process and how many sessions!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseCD

Credits
Post time: 2009-07-12 21:04:02
| Show the author posts only
hi bobble, I have had occasion to work with several women who have begun the menopause and have found that using herbal remedies can help balance the hormonal system very well. I have experience using black cohosh, sage, dong quai, white peony and wild yam, depending on the circumstances. A good herbalist may help. Is your mother using a Hormone Replacement Treatment? If so some of the herbs listed may be contra indicated. Consult your doctor before using any of them. However black cohosh has been licensed as a medicine in Germany as it has proven so effective in balancing hormonal function in menopausal women. Acupuncture/pressure can help with the symptoms of depression also, prescriptions vary depending on the symptoms of the syndrome so consult an experienced practitioner. www.yinyanghouse.com/treatments/acupuncture_for_menopause www.yinyanghouse.com/treatments/acupuncture_for_depression These two give indicators which may provide a basis for treatment. Best of luck to you both, jackalboy

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-20 09:03 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list