Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-05-18 15:22:30
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Hi!
I am seriously considering taking the programs to get my degree in TCM/Acupuncture.

However after searching, I have not found any information on the question I am about to ask.

Is it possible to intern here in the states after the exam, or is this not possible? I am just tring to come up with a plan 'b' in case it turns out I might not be able to make it to china for internship.

If anyone has successfully been able to do this, it would be of great help just in case.

Thank You from South Dakota,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2009-05-18 15:22:40
| Show the author posts only

GMan:

Regarding your question, after your education at MedBoo, you can definitely intern in the United States. The real question is whether you will be able to find someone willing to take you on as an intern... that will be more difficult, but not impossible. Most clinics are unwilling to take on interns because of either liability issues or the fact that they simply don't have the time to hand hold an intern. This is something that the individual will need to hunt down, and it is not easy finding someone willing to take a person on as an intern in the US, regardless of whether your education was in the US or overseas.

Also, the main examining boards in the US (NCCAOM and CA Board) used to have provisions for a person being board certified via internship. This route used to require a certain number of hours of clinic (something like over 3000 hours) combined with a certain number of hours of classroom didatic courses (they are very specific about what they need the person to take) that you need to take at an accredited institution (and I don't believe they consider online training as an acceptable program, but I could be wrong). Nonetheless, I remember reading a while back that they were going to do away with that (the ability for board certification via internship). Whether they still honor that route or not, you need find out for yourself. The NCCAOM website is at http://www.nccaom.org, and the California board website is http://www.acupuncture.ca.gov/. In the event that you are able to, I hear that it is a very lengthy, tedious process to have a clinic approved by the Board as a center for official internship leading to board certification exam eligibility. But again, this is something you will need to find out for yourself.

Good luck in your research.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-25 07:30 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list