Mebo--TCM Forum

Title: Zang Fu and pulse [Print this page]

Author: tutor    Time: 2009-04-29 11:26
Title: Zang Fu and pulse

Hi Tutor
Second the text, only the zang organs are fell in pulse diagnosis. In some books the zang are fell with deep palpation and the fu with superficial palpation. In fact, is possible to feel both zang and fu in pulse diagnosis or only zang?
Tank you
Wilson Marino

Dear Wilson Marino,
Which organs are more important? Zang or Fu?

The idea that the deep palpation feels the Zang and the superficial one feels the Fu is not reasonable at all.

In fact, the relations between the locations of the pulse and the Zang-organs include the Fu organs, but only they are not stressed. There are different opinions on the relations of the locations with the organs, from ancient time up to now. But nowadays, basically the Zang organs and their related Fu organs are taken at the same position.

Tutor

Tank you Tutor.

Hi, Wilson Marino,
In my personal experience, I'd like to see the conditions of the Fu organs by observing the tongue and its coating.
As we know, the Fu organs, except stomach, are usually suffering from excessive conditions, for the Fu orans function well when they move smoothly.
So, if the tongue coating is thick or sticky, it would be a case of excess, possibly in the Fu organs.

For sure, to take pulse, we should stress the Stomach, so are the small and large intestines included, more or less.

Just my personal opinion.

Welcome to Mebo--TCM Forum (http://bbs.ontcm.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2