Mebo--TCM Forum

Title: Strenghtening or dispelling first [Print this page]

Author: madrid-medicine    Time: 2011-11-21 05:08
Title: Strenghtening or dispelling first
I wanted to post this question here, so when the tutor answers it, it may become of use to others:

Doubt: I do not see the difference between these two!! yet, the order of eliminating the pathogen and enhancing body resistance is different for both.

1-When the patient is in a relatively critical condition attacked by excessive pathogenic factors, and the body resistance is too weak, for which the pathogenic factors are not eliminated, strengthen the body resistance first and then remove the pathogenic factors.

2-If the patient is in a very poor condition with excessive pathogenic factors, but with weak body resistance, eliminate the pathogenic factors first, and then strengthen the body resistance.

Can the Tutor (or anyone) explain?

Thanks.
Author: cew101    Time: 2011-11-21 18:37

Dear Madrid-medicine,
Tutor asked me to look up your question and give you an answer.

I read your question, but I didn’t find any difficulties in understanding the contents.

The first sentence tells a critical condition, i.e. the patient is going to die, or so. Meanwhile the body is too weak, so we must try to save the patient first, instead of expelling pathogenic factors. It’s obvious that only the patient is alive he/she can be treated, by means of removing the pathogens.

The second sentence gives a different condition, i.e. the patient’s physical condition is very weak, while the pathogenic factors are excessive, but it’s not a critical condition, meaning he/she won’t die very soon.
So, the pathogenic factors should be removed first, then the body could recover by itself.
As a matter of fact, in this situation, the body resistance will be reinforced a little bit, please do remember, it’s only a little reinforcement, not much!!! Mostly it’s the first choice to dispel the pathogens in this situation!

D.K.

Author: tutor    Time: 2016-03-07 18:25

Author: ximecmar    Time: 2016-03-08 06:19
Excellent question and answers...

Author: tutor    Time: 2016-03-11 22:44
Do you really think so?
Author: ximecmar    Time: 2016-03-30 02:59
yes, I think so...The answer of tutor David King is useful.
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-04-10 14:05
Dear Ximen,
When you come to Beijing, maybe you could meet D.K. in person!
Author: ximecmar    Time: 2016-04-10 21:10
Of course I'm going to face to face, to know them all and learn more is my life plan. I do not know if this year in October or June 2017. But surely go. I collect more money hahahaha
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-04-14 21:02
Yeah Ximena, you do need to save more money, to prepare the trip to Beijing, it's quite expensive here, everything! It's not so easy to live in a big city, like Beijing!
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-04-14 21:04
[quote][size=2][url=forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&pid=2928&ptid=1281][color=#999999] ximecmar 2016-04-10 21:10[/color][/url][/size]
Of course I'm going to face to face, to know them all and learn more is my life plan. I do not know  ...[/quote]

October is a good season, the temperature is not high, but not really low, and the air is good too! There would be not much rain, either!
Author: ximecmar    Time: 2016-04-19 05:27
Interesting season!!!
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-05-09 23:42
Sure it's interesting, but also beautiful, beautiful tree leaves, and beautiful sky too!
If you go to the suburb, you will see the grass is getting dried up, and the air is a kind of killing the lives! The changing season, anyway!
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-05-09 23:42
Sure it's interesting, but also beautiful, beautiful tree leaves, and beautiful sky too!
If you go to the suburb, you will see the grass is getting dried up, and the air is a kind of killing the lives! The changing season, anyway!
Author: ximecmar    Time: 2016-05-10 00:32
I love that...thanks...
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-05-15 22:30
Live the changing?
Yes, that's the changes from Yang, to Yin!
Author: ximecmar    Time: 2016-05-15 22:48
Insofar as that I'm absorbing study of TCM connect all the changes and Yin Yang. Feel it and live it is a very interesting space for us as therapists ...
Author: tutor    Time: 2016-09-21 23:14
Yes, I felt it in Sao Paulo! In the last July!

Welcome to Mebo--TCM Forum (http://bbs.ontcm.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2