hands Publish time 2009-04-30 13:57:50

Zheng Gu Shui

<p>I am using the Zheng Gu Shui liniment that I purchased last year in China town (NYC) for the arthritis pain in my knees. Can you tell me the English translation for this name?<br />
_________________<br />
"When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself" <br />
Shunryu Suzuki</p>
<p>-----------------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="192"></a><b><font size="2">Professor Price</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="2"><span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:49 pm</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">   Post subject: Zheng Gu Shui</font></font></p>

hands Publish time 2009-04-30 13:58:25

<p>Dear Professor Price, <br />
The medicament you bought is a kind of pain reliever and its translation into English is "Zheng-correcting or readjusting", "Gu-bones", "Shui-liquid". <br />
So what's the better combination of it or a good English equivalent? <br />
Your opinion please!<br />
Maybe: Bone-Setting Liquid? or Pain-killing Liquid for Bones?</p>
<p>---------------------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="193"></a><b><font size="2">miraculous hands</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="2"><span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:15 pm</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">   </font></font></p>

hands Publish time 2009-04-30 13:58:58

<p>Thank you Doctor Miraculous Hands, for your translation. My intention is to learn some "working" conversational Chinese prior to my travels to China this year for my internship, but I have been so caught up in my TCM studies that I have neglected my language CD's. <br />
The Chinese translation goes directly to the exact translation for the liniment usage. and that is for "joint" pain. <br />
Joint Arthritis Liniment: might be a good translation in English. <br />
Bones (of course) are in the "Joints" and Arthritis Liniment would suggest a "correcting or adjusting medication, eg: for pain relief. And lastly, the word liniment has a more powerful and medicinal connotation than "liquid". <br />
Thank you again for your reply. You have inspired and encouraged me to be more diligent in my Chinese language studies from this time forward. <br />
Prof. Price <br />
_________________<br />
"When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself" <br />
Shunryu Suzuki</p>
<p>----------------------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="195"></a><b><font size="2">Professor Price</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="2"><span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:21 am</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">   </font></font></p>

hands Publish time 2009-04-30 13:59:29

<p>Thank you very much Prof. Price! <br />
As I said in the last post, it's you who can make the right final translation, not really me.<br />
Personally I don't think you can grasp the language only by learning from CD, but your trip to here China would really enable you to improve your language proficiency of Chinese. <br />
Ok, looking forward to meeting you here in Beijing!</p>
<p>------------------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="197"></a><b><font size="2">miraculous hands</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="2"><span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:47 pm</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">   </font></font></p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Zheng Gu Shui