may you explain in details the means of: <br />
example formula for nourishing blood <br />
<br />
'=======================================' <br />
Prescriptions for Nourishing Blood <br />
<br />
Siwu Tang <br />
(Decoction of Four Ingredients) <br />
Source: Xianshou Lishang Xuduan Mifang (Clandestine Prescriptions for Wounds and Bonesetting Handed down by the Fairy). <br />
Ingredients: <br />
No. 1 Shudihuang (Radix Rehmanniae Praeparatae) 12 g; <br />
No. 2 Danggui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 9 g; <br />
No. 3 Baishaoyao (Radix Paeoniae Alba) 9 g; <br />
No. 4 Chuanxiong ( Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong ) 6 g. <br />
<br />
Administration: Grind the drugs into coarse powder, decoct 9 g each time in water for oral application. <br />
'----------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
<br />
as from the above administration state grind the drugs into coarse powder. <br />
1. as i knew danggui shape in hard case how can we grind into a powder? <br />
<br />
2. i sum up all the herbs will be 12+9+9+6 = 36 <br />
it said to be decocted 9 g each time its does mean when we bought the drugs from the herbal store for total 36g and we grind the herbs ourselves into powder and divide the 36 into 9 g that means one pack of herbs can be consumed 4 times? <br />
<br />
Regards, <br />
Johan Ho</p>
<p>----------------------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="47029"></a><b><font size="2">JohanHo</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="2"><span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:12 am</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">   </font></font></p>

hands Publish time 2009-04-30 13:45:42

<p>Dear Johan, <br />
Tutor told me you have asked a good question. Yes, I agree with him, it is a good question. At the moment, in fact we seldom use powders, but just the decoction instead. As a matter of fact that's bad!!! <br />
<br />
So you don't have to worry about how much powder you should take each time but just make a decoction with the materials. <br />
<br />
In my personal opinion, it's good to take the powders, as you mentioned, 9 grams each time, you might boil the powder for a short time, like 2 - 5 minutes. Then you drink the soup with the herbal powder. <br />
<br />
Or very often you could just take the powder directly with lukewarm water, or with honey water, or sugar water, or with slight-salty water. All depends.<br />
<br />
<br />
M.H.</p>
<p>-------------------------------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="47031"></a><b><font size="2">miraculous hands</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="2"><span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:25 pm</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">  </font></font></p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: How to interpreate the formula?