hands Publish time 2009-04-30 09:55:07

Children's dosage

<p>Like Professor Price before me, I want to thank Medboo for this forum. It's a great learning tool for all of us, and it's nice to be in touch with fellow students. <br />
<br />
Having said that, after reviewing Course E, I realized that in Chapter 1, Section 4, Part 3 (Dosage) the dosage for children is a little unclear (at least to me). <br />
<br />
Just to make sure, please tell me if I'm right: <br />
<br />
-Children between 6 months and 5 years of age, children should have between 1/4 and 1/2 of an adult dosage. <br />
<br />
-Babies under 6 months should have less than 1/4 an adult dosage. <br />
<br />
-Children over 5 years old can generally have a full adult dosage. <br />
<br />
Thx!!<br />
_________________<br />
我像猪一样流汗</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="84"></a><b><font size="2">Feathered Serpent</font></b><br />
<span class="postdetails"><font size="1">Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:38 pm</font><span class="gen"> <font size="1">   Post subject: Children's dosage</font></p>

hands Publish time 2009-04-30 09:55:55

<p>Sorry for the delayed answer! <br />
It IS quite unclear in the Medboo text about the children's dosage, so I tried to find the exact information, but it seems there are disputes on this point. <br />
One opinion is a bit rough, just telling that those under 5 years of age should take a quater of the adults' dosage; those over 5 should take half of the adults' dosage; and those over 15 should take the same as the adults' dosage. This is the opinion illustrated in the textbook of Chinese materia medica. <br />
The other one is more about the pediastrics of traditional Chinese medicine, and it states that the new-borned infants should take 1/6 of the adult's dosage; infants should take 1/3 to half of the adults' dosage; babies or young children should take 2/3 of the adults' dosage; and the schooling children might take the same as the adults' dosage. <br />
This opinion is demonstrated in the textbook of traditional Chinese pediatrics.</p>
<p>----------------------------</p>
<p><span class="name"><a name="101"></a><b><font size="2">miraculous hands</font></b></p>
<p><span class="name"><font size="1"><span class="postdetails">Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:41 pm</font></p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Children's dosage