bbsadmin Publish time 2009-04-29 13:05:31

Insertion of needles

<p>Dear Dr. King. <br />
<br />
In the process of manipulation of needles at the chest and head specially, the insertion is always at oblique or horizontal direction.My question is this: Should the needle insert right at the acupoint or at a point some appropriate distance away ( say 1 cm or 2)? If it is the former, the needle may hit out of the target i.e. the acupoint or perhaps, it might hit other acupoint as well. <br />
<br />
Your comments, please. <br />
<br />
chenkc</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-29 13:05:39

<p>Dear Chenkc,<br />
First of all, I think that not all the points on the chest and head are needled obliquely or horizontally, for instance, Taiyang can be needled either obliquely or perpendicularly; so is Zhongfu.<br />
Usually it's dependent on the individual acupuncture physician to decide whether to insert the needle right at the acupoint or at a point some appropriate distance away for every would have different experience of the understanding on the location of the acupoints.<br />
What I want to stress is that if you can have a good arrival of Qi, no matter the needle hit or hit out of the target, there would be a good therapeutic effect. To do acupunture, there is a saying in traditional Chinese medicine that: The point can be missed, but never the meridian! </p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Insertion of needles