bbsadmin Publish time 2009-04-29 13:01:52

Questions regarding Course C

<p>Dear Dr. King, <br />
I have some questions regarding Course C. <br />
1. In description of Point Weidao GB28 missed “Indications”. Are these the same ones as for Wushu GB27? Both of them located so closely. <br />
2. There is misprint in description of location of Xiyangguan GB33. What is a right location of this point? <br />
3. In description of Xingjian LR2 I read: “Insert the needle obliquely upward”. What it means, upward to ankle? And generally, when explained: “Insert the needle obliquely (or horizontally)” is direction of needle insertion important? <br />
4. One of indications for Zhonglushu BL29 is treatment of diabetes. Is there some explanation for this or it's the clinical experience from old time?</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-29 13:02:00

<p>Dear Sophia, <br />
Let's see the questions of yours on the text. <br />
1). The indications of Weidao (GB 2 are nearly the same as those of Wushu (GB 27), and according to the Chinese text book, but the latter include constipation. Otherwise it's all the same between the two. <br />
2). There are two opinions: (1) 3 cun above Yanglingquan (GB 34), lateral to the knee joint, between the tendon of muscle biceps femoris and the femur. (2). On the lateral side of the knee, 3 cun above Yanglingquan (GB 34), in the depression superior to the lateral epicondyle of femur. <br />
3). Herein, it should be "upward to ankle". But in some texts, it has only pointed out "punctured obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun" or "inserte the needle perpendiculouly 0.5 to 0.8 cun". <br />
4). I think it's only the recording from ancient time. I never use the point to treat diabetes, and neither saw anybody treat diabetes with the point. Even in some books, this indication is not included. <br />
Thank you for your good questions! <br />
<br />
rtreat diabetes with this</p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Questions regarding Course C