bbsadmin Publish time 2009-04-29 13:00:25

Zusanli (ST 36)

<p>Dear Dr. King, <br />
In practicing my needling in Course D, I have realized that Zusanli (He-Sea Point and Lower He-Sea Point of the Stomach, ST 36) did not have a depth of needle insertion mentioned, and in research on the Course C web site study guide, it is missing there as well. <br />
(Method: Insert the needle perpendicularly,) <br />
I have been inserting at .3-.5 cun deep, but I want to be sure, and get the correct depth of insertion from you.<br />
_________________<br />
"When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself" <br />
Shunryu Suzuki</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-29 13:00:32

<p>Dear Professor Price, <br />
I think that</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-29 13:00:40

<p>Dear Professor Price, <br />
So sorry for the incomplete answer sent previously, it was submitted all by mistake. <br />
Now the answer to your question. <br />
It IS the printing mistake for the lack of the inserting depth of point Zusanli (ST 36), so I will correct it as soon as possible. <br />
In clinic, the point is needled for 1 to 1.5 cun, or even deeper, since it is pretty safe. Personally I think it's all up to the need of the needling sensation and the body build of the patients'. <br />
Generally speaking, the points on the arms and legs are pretty safe, so they can be needled deeper, so the depth of 1 to 1.5 cun would be alright, I mean for Chinese patients. While for the European and American patients, you should do it according to their reaction, for they are more sensitive than Chinese patients. <br />
That's my personal understanding and you can find your own experience.</p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Zusanli (ST 36)