tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 17:10:25

Quiestions about spirit and lung

<p>Greetings to you, dear Tutor, and to all my Medboo colleagues! <br />
My name is Lovre and it is my first time being on this forum, although I carefully watch and study forum A for some time. I have several questions: <br />
<br />
1. In addition to discussion about house of spirit. Tutor wrote: <br />
Anyway, the vital gate is the root of the human life activities and it stores the essence and houses the spirit. It is also closely related with the reproduction function. <br />
Could this connection between spirit and "life gate" i.e. kidney (and all other organs) is on the basis of blood which is also said to be a house of spirit (together with the heart)? <br />
As I red in other materials on TCM, Chinese word for spirit is shen, and kidney is also shen. Is there a close correlation between this two, or is this two different terms that looks the same when written in English? Or I don't have good resources? <br />
<br />
2. It is said that lung distribute body fluids in four directions. Beside kidneys and surface of the body I cannot think of anything else? Is it possible to explain that mechanism at all, cos I couldn't find anything about it. If it is, could you, please explain it? Thank you. <br />
<br />
</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 17:13:43

<p>Dear Lovre, <br />
It's nice to meet you here online! <br />
You are welcome to study Medboo TCM courses and log in this forum. <br />
<br />
As to your questions, 1). The Shen in Chinese could be many different words, and it so happens that kidney and spirit both pronounced like that. <br />
So Shen the sound in English could be referring to both kidney and spirit. <br />
<br />
Even as the spirit is concerned, that's not a good translation!!! <br />
Then Shen in regard of the mentality and mind cannot be well translated into English, it is the same word in Chinese, but it means a lot, i.e. the mind, spirit, mentality, vitality, ect. <br />
<br />
2). That's neither a good translation, it is not exactly four directions!!! <br />
It should be translated as "everywhere". <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
bye! <br />
Tutor</p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Quiestions about spirit and lung