tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 16:33:47

Chapter 1: section2 Theory of the Five Elements..

<p>Dear Tutor, <br />
I had read the chapter one and section 2 about 5 elements. by the way I had understand the mechanism of 5 elements behaviours like <br />
1. Mutual promotion <br />
2. Restriction <br />
3. Subjugation <br />
4. Reverse Restriction <br />
<br />
Lets take example: of Liver Deficiency failure to store blood. <br />
from the point of mother and child (mutual promotion) <br />
if child (liver) is deficiency then should support the mother(Kidney) to noursih the child(liver) <br />
<br />
from the point of Restriction <br />
Metal(lung) is restrict Wood(Liver) <br />
if Liver is deficiency then should nourish the liver and inhabit the Lungs. <br />
<br />
from the point of Reverse Restriction <br />
Liver is reverse restrict by the spleeen. if Liver is deficiency and then should inhabit the spleen and noursih the liver. <br />
<br />
The question is clinical practice how do we know which one of the organ should be nourshihed? supported? inhibited? <br />
<br />
Supporting the Kidney and kidney will noursih the liver or supporting the liver by inhibating the lungs(because lungs is restrict the liver) or supporting the liver by inhabiting the spleen?. i am confused about it. Can Tutor give a better understanding? <br />
<br />
Han</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 16:33:59

<p>Dear Han, <br />
To determine which organs should be nourished, which one should be supported, and which one should be inhibited is all dependent on the manifestations of the organs. <br />
<br />
Or in another word, to see which one is in disorder, either deficiency or excess. <br />
<br />
The deficient one of course should be nourished or supported while the excessive one should be restricted or reduced. <br />
<br />
Tutor</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 16:34:09

<p>Dear Johan. <br />
thanks for that question which also puzzles me. if I know my liver has a deficiency, I still do not know why. it maybe because of my kidney, spleen or even lung. <br />
will we be able to understand that later on, after we learn more about diagnosis. will we be able to understand the other related (mother/child) organs later?</p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Chapter 1: section2 Theory of the Five Elements..