tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 15:02:36

Adjustment to the student life

<p>Hi, <br />
I am enjoying the course so far although at the advanced age of 50 and not having taken an exam or done any serious study for 20 years am finding remembering a bit of a problem!!! <br />
<br />
My background is as a child and adolescent psychiatrist and have become interested in TCM because some of my teen aged patients with ADHD are keen to join the british army and need to be drug free and I promised to look into alternative treatments. Also a long term interest in oriental approaches to life and a creeping dissatisfaction with chemical medicine have contributed. <br />
<br />
I am interested in using the "best of both worlds" in helping my patients/clients etc to overcome their problems . In the west we seem to be increasingly turning normal life difficulties into medical diseases and losing sight of the person we are aiming to be useful to. <br />
<br />
Interestingly none of the people I have discussed my interest with have thought me mad and most can't wait til I feel ready to 'stick a needle in me doctor' to quote a nine year old!! <br />
<br />
Sandy<br />
_________________<br />
Sandy Seton-Browne</p>

tutor Publish time 2009-04-28 15:02:47

<p>Yes, acupuncture is helpful for addiction to drugs. <br />
<br />
But it needs special training. <br />
<br />
Indeed, in China, some acupuncture physicians are doing this job, and certain therapeutical effects have been achieved. <br />
<br />
I never had a chance to do so. <br />
<br />
</p>
Pages: [1]
View full version: Adjustment to the student life